Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Class take away 11

    Today we did not have an assignment to turn in, so there were no presentations to make. It was nice to have a bit of a break for the week, especially since I had a pretty decent amount of work to do for my other classes. We started to talk about the Fear assignment that we'll have near the end of the semester. It's our big kahuna of projects. While talking about fear, we talked about the different types of fear, those being: Phobias, Anxiety, and Worry. It seems like there's a lot of fear out in the world right now, wars, potential wars, famine, just a lot of things for people to be scared of. Beth said something that I can honestly agree with, "Hope is in rare supply." Someday I hope that I can create things that will give hope to others in some way.  Fears do play a part in my life, but I'm not going to talk about that yet, that's being saved for the Fear assignment.

    We talked about apathy and how it's a growing problem that people have today. It's quite true. Some people say they'll do something, but then lose interest and make up an excuse not to do it. It's a really big problem with students especially. Personally, I only say I'll do something if I know I'll actually do it. It's a reason that I almost never make promises, I can't make a promise if I have any doubt that I won't be able to live up to it.

    After talking about the fear assignment and apathy, we started talking about a different assignment, the Bliss assignment. We will be taking about three hours out of a day (not divided up, it has to be all at once) and just do something that lets us feel bliss. A lot of the classmates were talking more about it and giving lots of input. One interesting thing that Beth brought up is that the overall atmosphere of the room was so much different from when we were talking about the Fear assignment to when we were talking about the Bliss assignment, that was very true. I didn't think of it while we were talking about the two, but looking back, there was a whole world of different in everyone's voice and demeanors in comparison.

    We looked up a video about Jiro's sushi, a movie in which a man living in Japan has been making nearly perfect sushi for decades. He has such a passion for it that he doesn't like holidays, because he'd rather be making sushi than taking a break. This video inspired me, and I hope that someday I can have about as much of a passion for making my own plans come to fruition like Jiro does, maybe not for as long, but if I enjoy it then why not.

    The class was pretty good, I look forward to the Bliss and Fear assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment