Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Semester take away

    Well, the semester is just about over. The final class for seeing sideways is finished and I'm going to miss it. The best I can do at this point is to remember the lessons I received from the class and the assignments within, and use them as I continue on with my creative processes in life. For my last post pertaining to this class, I'll be discussing three points from this course that I'll be able to use while going forward in my creative career. I'll list them in ascending order of importance to me.

    First is "Polly Wolly doodle all the day?". I had never doodled before until this assignment. Whenever I would draw something, I would always have a clear idea in mind; so having an assignment where I'm not really supposed to think about what I'm drawing was a new concept to me. I found it to be a positive experience; actually coming a bit out of my shell for an assignment was a good experience. I might start trying to think outside my normal boundaries for when I get into a more professional setting while creating. It was one thing to think outside the box while doodling, but looking back on it was pretty nice too, I still don't think I'm much of a doodler, but I might try it again some time.

    Next is "Who am I and why am I here?". To this day, I have still not figured out the question for Who am I, but I'm keeping this assignment in mind so that I don't forget to keep trying to figure it out. This assignment affected me positively, and is one of the few assignments I've received in all of my school years that I actually appreciated doing. I don't have much additional to say about this that has not already been said in the actual blog post, but I'll keep searching for who I am as I continue through life. I hope that I can use the experiences while learning more about myself in my creative processes as well.

    Last and probably the most important was from "Fear". It can be very beneficial to talk about one's fears with another person. Through all the fears that I discussed in class, I'm not sure if I mentioned in the blog on how I can use those fears to my advantage rather than just as a detriment. If anything, I think I can use my fears as a constant reminder of what can happen if I don't try my best in everything I do. If I think of it this way, I'll those possibilities as a reason to never give up my goals. I can't be afraid of trying something for fear of failing, because I'll automatically fail if I never try in the first place. That's probably what stuck out to me for that assignment the most, just the idea of being able to use something as powerful as my own fears to actually aid me instead of harm me. With summer and a new semester around the corner, I have plenty of time to see if a new method using my fears to my benefit will work, and I really hope it does.

    I'm definitely looking forward to the semester being over, but I'll definitely miss the classes I'm taking for this semester. I hope that the rest of my college time goes nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment