Monday, January 26, 2015

Color your world

Good morning, or afternoon depending on when this post is actually submitted.

    For this assignment we are to use our coloring books to create a world that we WIS we could live in. The coloring book I got for this class is a Dinosaur coloring book. This assignment in particular fits well with my choice on the book. I've always been fascinated with dinosaurs ever since I can remember. I remember always imagining myself walking along with the dinosaurs, having adventures with ones that could talk, or at least understand me. Below is a picture that kind of sums up a combination of things I've wished for back then and perhaps a few things that I wish for today.


    Up in the top right side, that's a floating island. I just wanted to point that out before describing the picture further. One of the things I've always wished for throughout my life and still wish for today is to be able to fly. After drawing this picture, I decided to just take a moment to envision the viewpoint of the world if I could ride on the back of a Pterodactyl. I found myself swaying in my seat as I imagined the flight; riding on the breeze, great wings flapping to accelerate us through the air, and swooping downwards to then rise up again. I reluctantly open my eyes to remember that I am still grounded. I honestly love the feeling of falling; it's rather hard to explain, especially since falling is usually associated with injury, death, and failure.
    
    The next point that may catch the eye is the coloration of the Pterodactyl. I colored it in this scheme for two reasons; blue and green are my favorite colors (white too), and I just wanted it to be a bit more different from what might be expected from a dinosaur. I do love this world that we live in, and not just because the main colors are blue, green, and white; but for many other reasons as well. Sometimes I feel like some of the random things in the world could be a bit different though. For instance, the floating island. I would love to walk outside and see a floating island someday, whether it's supposed to be there or not. I just think it'd be a really cool thing to watch. Going back to coloration, I like the way the sky and oceans are blue so I kept them that way. I also like how clouds are white and our sun is yellow. I colored the clouds yellow just so that I was not leaving them the same color as the paper and to show a yellow sun. 

    I really like the world naturally is. There are just a few things that I think could be a bit more interesting about it. Maybe just a few things that don't need an explanation or answer to why it happens, yet it happens anyway. Don't get me wrong, I do like knowing the answer to a question that I ask, but not knowing the answer can make the subject more interesting for me. A floating island, for example, doesn't really make sense. It's that same lack of answers that can make it very mysterious and provoke many questions. Why is that island up there? Is there anything living on that island? Is it a friendly place up there? All these questions ignite my sense of adventure for new possibilities. One reason that I love to dream is because some of my dreams don't make any kind of sense, but they're so interesting that I couldn't care less.

Overall, I just wish that I can fly through the skies someday.











No comments:

Post a Comment