Monday, February 16, 2015

Rules were made...

    This week, we're doing a "Rules were made..." assignment, which is meant to have us break some rules that play in our creativity. One rule that I always have, in my creativity and outside, is to stay controlled and not angry. I'm breaking those rules. I've never let myself create something while being angry because I thought it would influence my creation in a way that I would personally not like. I prefer to make things when I am feeling calm and controlled so that I don't make something with any influences as to the way that I feel. I'm also doing a bit of a throwback a previous assignment, the doodling one. I was honestly a bit worried what my doodling would say about me, but now I'm doodling with a specific emotion influencing the way that I perform. I don't know what this might say about me, but at this moment I care slightly less than normal. I'm writing this blog while still in an angry mood.



    Let me start by saying that I do not like this picture. It's really chaotic with no sense of direction and to me it feels as though it has no purpose. I have no idea what is going on in this picture, I don't remember what I was thinking about when I made it, or what inspired any of the parts that seem to be present.

    When I decided to do an assignment like this, I thought of some repercussions that might result. This might change the way that some classmates think about me, Beth might not like that the assignment is another doodle as opposed to using software to break the rules, and I wasn't sure if I'd discover anything about myself when looking back on this, I would hope something good rather than bad. Despite all of this, I remember Beth saying something near the beginning of the semester that we can break some of the rules of these assignments, as long as we have reasoning to do so. This assignment is all about breaking rules, something I don't like to do ever if I can avoid it.

    Edit: 4 hours later, after the angry doodling time has long passed, I don't dislike the picture nearly as much as I did a bit earlier. I'm trying to think of what this picture looks like. It kind of looks like a setting of some kind. I find it a bit interesting now, but at the same time, remember how I felt while making it which still leaves me a bit cautious about it.

    Overall, I'm actually unsure what to think of the assignment. I did not really enjoy breaking the rules that I set for myself, but at the same time, I made something that intrigues me due to breaking the rules. It makes me wonder what more there is to discover about who I am or what I am as a person. Sometimes I am afraid of what the answer might be if or when I find it. Despite my fears, I still hold onto my beliefs. From then, until the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment